Roles and Responsibilities:
- Completing reactive and planned maintenance tasks as directed to do so. This includes basic repairs to woodwork, metalwork, decorating, flooring and other building fabric work.
- Where previous experience or qualifications are held eg Plumbing, Electrical or other trade, the maintenance tasks will include the skills held, as deemed required by the Facilities Supervisor or Manager.
- Undertake general building maintenance works to Company facilities and equipment.
- Operate a planned preventative maintenance scheme to all Coventry Building Society Arena doors, locks, ironmongery, door furniture, fixtures, fittings, fire doors, emergency lights, water compliance, plant checks.
- To undertake and carry out ladders, steps and access equipment inspections and record findings.
- Supports the Facilities Supervisor/Head of Facilities in liaising with managers, contractors, other agencies in connection with exhibitions, designs, displays, events to include security improvements or other specialised building and construction work.
- Maintain awareness and adheres to current good working practices that conform to health and safety regulations and legislation.
- Advises the Facilities Supervisor or other managers of incidents or readings, which may indicate serious existing or potential problems so an informed judgment can be made.
- Work a 40 hour, 4 on 4 off shift pattern including weekends to cover the Arena’s programme of special events and match days.
- To operate and maintain woodworking machinery and equipment which will include dust extraction and portable tools in accordance with codes of practice and safety regulations.
- Carry out pre-match and post-match checks for all sporting events or major events to all designated areas as determined by the Maintenance Supervisor/Head of Facilities.
- Any other duties deemed reasonable for the role.
- Should be skilled and have knowledge in general maintenance trades.
- Possess a City & Guilds qualification or equivalent training – Desirable.
Skills & Abilities:
- Be able to work on their own initiative.
- To drive and possess a full driving licence.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-skilled team and meet deadlines.
- A flexible approach to work and types of work to be undertaken.
- Be able to work at height, IPAF licence would be an advantage.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to complete work administration sheets and operate a handheld PDA to receive and sign off tasks from online maintenance software.
- Deal with tenants, customers, staff and colleagues courteously and professionally.
- Should possess all round general building skills, i.e. woodwork, plumbing, minor electrical work, tiling, painting, fabrication, drainage, water management (legionella compliance) etc – Desirable.
- Minimum 2 years of practical experience working in large commercial buildings, stadiums, exhibition halls, multi-function facilities, hotels or similar.
- Knowledge of good general building maintenance working practices and safe systems of work.
- Awareness of relevant Building Regulations and codes of practice.
- Must have a flexible approach and a willingness to train and be developed to meet future needs of the department.
- Awareness of and a commitment to the legal requirements for Health & Safety.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org